Your Privacy is very important to us.
We will update this Privacy Statement as required. For example, as we update and improve our services, modifications may be required. Any changes will be published so that you are always aware of the sort of information we collect, how the information may be used, and under what circumstances it may be disclosed by us.
What Personal Information does QBErrors.com collect?
Personal Information is any information from which an individual’s identity may be ascertained. We only collect information that is necessary to assist us in providing our services. We do not collect personal information unless we first ask you for it, you provide it to us, or the information is publicly available.
- Types of information we collect includes:
- Client or its entity identity and contact details;
- Financial information;
- Share portfolio information;
- Creditor information; and
- Information as required by QB experts.
How does QBErrors.com collect information?
- QBErrors.com collects information about your clients in a number of different ways:
- We collect information from you when you engage our firm so that we may provide you QuickBooks service information
- Other business services
- We collect information when you make contact with us to enquire about QB related queries and services.
- When you e-mail us:
- we will use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provided it and to raise awareness about recent developments that may be of relevance or interest;
- your e-mail address will not be added to a commercially available mailing list; and
- we will not disclose it without your consent.
- Other personal information collected by us:
- will be collected by lawful and fair means;
- will be used for a lawful purpose;
- will be collected with your consent; and
- the purpose for collection should be clear and explicit; and
- we ensure that any information collected is collected in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- QBErrors.com, will not sell, exchange, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you without your prior consent.
- QBErrors.com, with prior consent, discloses information about you to various organizations and/or parties in order to fulfill our client services. These organizations include for example:
- What information can be disclosed to a credit reporting agency?
- The Privacy Act allows the following information about the applicant/guarantor named in the application (“you”) to be disclosed to a credit reporting agency:
- Details to identify you – that is, your name, sex, date of birth, current and 2 previous addresses, your current or last known employer, and your driver’s license number;
- The fact that you have applied for credit and the amount or that we are a current credit provider to you;
- Advice that payments previously notified as unpaid are no longer overdue;
- Payments overdue for at least 60 days and for which collection action has started;
- Checks for more than $100 drawn by you which have been dishonored more than once;
- In some circumstances, that in our opinion you have committed a serious credit infringement; and
- The fact that credit provided to you by us has been paid or otherwise discharged.
- Exchange of information with a credit reporting agency
We may obtain information about your credit worthiness or a credit report containing personal or commercial credit information about you from a credit reporting agency or other business that provides it; and exchange the information listed above about you with any credit reporting agency. These exchanges can be made to assess your application for consumer or commercial credit or to be a guarantor for the applicant, or to assess your credit worthiness; if you are in default under a credit agreement, notifying, and exchanging information with, other credit providers and any collection agent of ours; and for the various purposes permitted under the Privacy Act.
- What credit related information can be disclosed to other persons?
- Information, including but not limited to a credit report or any other information having a bearing on your credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity may be exchanged or disclosed to other persons as listed below.
- We may exchange that information described in the paragraph above about you with all credit providers named in this application or that may be named in credit reports issued by a credit reporting agency, any introducer referred to in the loan application, or any agent of ours assisting in processing the loan application;
- Give to and receive from a credit provider, a banker’s opinion of the purposes connected with your business, trade or profession;
- Confirm your client’s employment and income details with any employer, accountant or tax agent named in this application; or
- Your client’s income received on an investment property with any nominated real estate agent; or
- Your client’s payment history from the landlord or managing agent nominated
When you’re personal information is no longer used by QBErrors.com as set out above, we will destroy or permanently re-identify personal information. Our ability to destroy information is limited by legislative requirement to retain records for a period of time.
How will QBErrors.com keep your personal information secure?
- QBErrors.com intends to protect the quality and integrity of personal information kept about your client. We have implemented appropriate industry standard techniques, technological and organizational measures to protect against loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under our control.
These measures include:
- Server Encryption and site monitoring
- Computer Firewalls & intrusion detection
- Computer password authentication
- Offsite data backup
- Audit trail of access to client data
- Confidentiality clauses in employment agreements
- Bound by the Rules of Ethical Conduct of the ICAA and CPA
- Computer, Internet and Email Policy
- Building Security
- Restricted access to firm premises
- Unique client identifiers
- QBErrors.com will review security arrangements from time to time as we deem appropriate.
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information transmitted via our website is stored securely. Transmissions sent to or from our website are routinely monitored for quality control and systems administration. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products or services. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
- Other web sites that may be accessed through our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. The information practices of those third-party web sites linked to QBErrors.com are not covered by this privacy statement.